EASTER HOLIDAY WEEKEND
Good Friday 2nd April - Closed
Saturday 3rd April - Closed
Sunday 4th April - Closed
Easter Monday 5th April - Closed
In an Emergency - ring 999 / OOH GP service - ring 111 / Symptom checker & health advice use e-consult or 111 NHS Wales website.
Woodlands Surgery – Important Patient Notice
These changes have been made to protect our patients and staff from Coronavirus.
- All patients should make a request for an appointment via the eConsult tab above, the practice will review the request and respond by the end of the next working day, at the latest. The eConsult service can also be used for anything that you would normally ring the practice for, eg Med 3, test results etc. If you do not have online access, please telephone the surgery in the normal way
- Please do not come to the surgery if you have not been told to do so, as you will be asked to return home and ring us or submit an eConsult.
- If you have been told to attend the practice, please press the intercom at the front door and await directions from the team.
- Only the patient is permitted into the building (one other person is permitted if for mobility or carer needs only) to maintain social distancing.
- A Face covering should be worn whilst in the surgery building. (we can not supply these)
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you and your family should self-isolate at home - please check the 111 website symptom checker and the Public Health Wales Website for latest isolation guidance and to book a test.
- DO NOT attend the surgery (unless told be a clinician to do so) if you have symptoms of Coronavirus, have requested a test, or are awaiting a test result - you should self-isolate.
We request that you be honest with us about your symptoms and COVID-19 status. You will be asked whether you have symptoms of or tested positive for coronavirus, if you have had contact with anyone who has symptoms of or tested positive for coronavirus or if you are waiting a test result.
We need to know your COVID-19 status to help us determine how to best manage your care and is essential for your safety and the safety of the surgery staff, so that we can remain accessible for all our patients. Patients who are positive for COVID-19 can be seen at the surgery, following clinician assessment, in a dedicated safe area.
Gaining access to the practice when you have Coronavirus puts the doctors and staff at risk and endangers our ability to remain open for all our patients.
Thank you for your help in keeping our community safe.
Prescriptions can be ordered by one of the following methods:
- Repeat Script Ordering Service on 01656 311010 (9-4pm Mon – Fri)
- MyHealthOnline (MHOL): Registration required - please complete an eConsult requesting administrative help to request a registration document.
- Repeat Order Slips: Completed slips should be posted through our letterbox at the front of the building. Please ensure you have marked clearly what items you require.
A safer and quicker method to order your medication would be method 1 or 2. Please ensure you have a nominated chemist where you wish to collect your medication.
These should now be requested via eConsult above - use the 'I want administrative help' tab to request your Med 3.
The practice has introducing Video Consultations for some patient consultations, via a service called AccuRx.
To take part in a video consultation you will need a smart phone with a camera - no app is required.
You will firstly receive a text to notify you that the doctor will shortly be ready to start a consultation via video with you.
At this point please make sure that you are in a private place where you can speak to the doctor confidentially and that you have a good WiFi signal. If you are using your mobile data, there may be an additional charge for this as per your mobile provider contract.
Once you have clicked on the link provided you will receive a text stating ‘You’re about to join a video meeting’, you will need to click on the link to start the video call. You may be asked to give permission for the browser to use your microphone and camera - it is OK to agree to this.
Once clicked a split screen consultation will start with the doctor.
When finished the doctor will end the consultation, you will not need to take any action.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
- eConsult is now our preferred method of contact - for anything (appointment, Med 3, advice, admin question etc). Click on the banner at the top of this page to submit your online request and we will respond by the end of the next working day.
- Update your mobile telephone number with us so that you can receive text messages. To do this click on this link which will direct you to our website change of details page, just complete and submit. https://www.mysurgerywebsite.co.uk/secure/cod.aspx?p=W95012
- Nominate a chemist if you have not already done so.
- Check our Website or Facebook page regularly for updates.
- If you have been told to come to the practice, please attend alone, wear a face covering and arrive on time (there is no capacity for you to sit and wait if you arrive early and you will be asked to remain outside).
We are delivering as many services as we can, although in a different way.
Thank you for your understanding and adapting to our new systems.
Please be patient and courteous with our staff, who are all working extremely hard to continue to provide good care to our patients in challenging times.
If you have symptoms of Coronavirus, either a high temperature or new continuous cough, change in sense of smell or taste - you and everyone you live with should self-isolate at home and book a test.
For more information and self-care advice visit Public Health Wales website.
Out of Hours - PHONE 111
When it's URGENT but not life threatening
NHS Direct Wales and your local GP out-of-hours service now share this easy to remember number .... 111
It's free and will help you find the right advice, support and treatment.
(Site updated 31/03/2021)